The Content Strategist is responsible for delivering successful content marketing programs to clients. In this role, the Content Strategist will help build content strategies, and help create, manage and develop content and brand campaigns, in order to gain natural links, digital PR exposure and social engagement. The role reports directly to the Lead Content Strategist and will sit within a team of strategists, working with relevant client and internal teams and stakeholders, in particular the SEO Consultancy team, the Digital PR team and the Copywriting and Creative teams.
Roles & responsibilities
- Producing innovative, creative and engaging campaigns that will earn natural links for SEO purposes, social media engagement, PR exposure and brand purposes.
- Develop content strategies for potential and existing clients – exercising creative thought, strategic thinking, social media and link earning expertise, and commercial knowledge.
- Identify opportunities for content that will generate interest, coverage and links for your clients.
- Identify audiences for your clients and use this data to more accurately suggest content ideas that will resonate with that audience.
- Undertake content audits and use this data to inform content strategies
- Working closely with your line manager, account teams and client services to ensure delivery of your strategies and that best practices are up to date and creative ideas are realistic.
- Hosting and/or participating in creative brainstorms, always being willing to offer new social media, creative, outreach and content ideas.
- Develop partnerships with clients and establishing yourself as a trusted source of new media insight and knowledge.
- Work seamlessly with Digital PR, Copywriters, SEO consultants, Strategists and client services who will be aligned to the same client accounts as you.
- Act as an advocate of adoption of social media and engagement within the company
- Evaluate existing content and audiences and suggest new methods to support agency strategies
Skills & experience
- SEO, social marketing and link acquisition experience:
- Experience in conception and creation of content and an understanding of how to tailor it to each digital platform, with the aim of attracting natural links, journalistic coverage and social engagement.
- Experience in creating highly sharable ‘viral’ content.
- Strong SEO knowledge, particularly related to off-page SEO factors. What makes sites rank, and how will that change in the future? It’s essential that you have a progressive attitude to SEO.
- Professional experience using social media and blog management, either client side or within an agency.
- Demonstrable passion and understanding of the evolving digital content engagement/PR space.
- You should be brimming over with innovative, workable ideas and the practical abilities to bring these concepts to life, with complete confidence in creating and running groundbreaking campaigns.
- Previous experience in digital PR as well as content creation/ideation and creative marketing.
- Previous experience in working with data.
- Previous experience overseeing content campaigns is ideally required, with demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the digital industry.
- You will need to be as comfortable addressing current clients, senior stakeholders and potential clients, including board level, as you will be briefing internal design and content teams.
- Strong grasp of baseline online marketing: SEO, Web Site Analytics (Google, Omniture, Compete), Web Site Design & UI, ROI Analysis, Content Development
- Comfortable engaging professionally; strong presentation and speaking skills ideal
- Creative, strategic, diplomatic, cool under pressure and fantastic interpersonal skills. Ability to build and maintain relationships easily. Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format and build and maintain relationships. Must be comfortable engaging with clients at a managerial level.
- A team player who can handle stressful situations and deadlines with the utmost of professionalism.
- The ability to create multiple white hat/content-based strategies from concept all the way through to delivery and reporting your successes.
- Methodical, organised (you will work on multiple projects at once), with high attention to detail.
- A proactive attitude to work, establishing what needs to be achieved and how to go about it, without the need for constant supervision and guidance.
- A willing to constantly learn and develop