Up to £65K
You will be responsible for the operational and technical effectiveness of the Analytics team, delivering excellent quality work, ensuring projects are scoped and costed correctly while providing accessible explanations and support to the other teams within the Agency. The major objective of the role is to foster a centre of excellence within the Agency to cover all technical and analytics needs clients or other teams may have.
As a team lead you will establish and implement departmental policies and procedures to support the efficient running of the team and development of team members long term career goals. Working team members personal development together with current projects and project design to get the best employee engagement and outcomes for our clients.
In collaboration with the Heads of Departments you will go beyond analytics to help shape their R&D efforts and help identify commercial opportunities to drive technical innovation for new products and services. Many of the team members within the Analytics team also have R&D responsibilities which need to be carefully balanced against their client project work.
Responsibilities of The Role
- Lead the Analytics Team (4 + People) and projects within the Agency
- Mentoring and developing the team to constantly improve the quality of work and extend the range of outputs they are capable of.
- Be the subject matter expert for Applied Analytics, Tag Management, Attribution and Conversion Rate Optimization
- Interpret client needs into appropriate scopes of work that are costed correctly
- Translate between developers and non-technical contacts to achieve successful projects
- Lead client management across all Analytics projects
- Balance team resource between client projects and their R&D responsibility
- Be an approachable senior resource for people across the agency to reach out to with any ad-hoc questions.
- Develop new business and client growth opportunities for Analytics and the Agency as needed to hit the agency and team targets.
- Willingness to learn and re-evaluate preconceptions, Confident and curious
- Analytical minded and able to communicate at all levels
- Passionate about the business and committed to the company
- Organised and efficient; able to prioritise and complete all tasks
- Tact, diplomacy, maturity in relating and interacting with people at all levels
- Confident giving and devising training
- Clear communicator to the internal team or to clients
- Happy to self-learn areas as the industry evolves
- Commercially aware, understanding how fee translates into resourcing and campaign results
- Strong understanding of wider media channels and environment
- Ability to work and succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organised with an acute attention to detail
- Coaching skills and ability to manage a team
- Strong numerical and analytical capabilities, including use and creation of Excel formulas
- A logical approach to troubleshooting
- Likes finding/suggesting better strategies and faster ways of doing thing
- Ability to independently research news stories, industry developments or opportunities and relay these to the wider business – we are looking for pro-active individuals
- 5+ years in Digital Advertising within technical areas
- Extensive DR experience on a range of budgets and targets.
- Experience training and mentoring other team members
- Previously managed a team of at least 3/4
- Experience using analytical Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Confident with all aspects of attribution methodologies and applications
- Hands on experience running and optimising media campaigns
- An entrepreneurial spirit – able to grow accounts, win business and spot an opportunity for clients, our business and our team members
- Experience with Ad server Tracking
A degree with a minimum of a 2:1 classification, ideally in a science, business or marketing vertical or part of an agency internship program