Group Director of Insights and Analytics – UK
£110K + Bonus and Benefits
Energize Digital are partnered with a leading Global Media Full-Service Agency. Within the agency sits the Insight and Analytics team in London is a group of 30+ specialists covering three principle areas of expertise: Insights (Research), Data Planning (Reporting, Data Governance, Audience Planning) and Advanced Analytics (Econometrics & Attribution).
Through a range of paid-for-projects and FTE on accounts, the team supports the UK agency as well as the EMEA hub that is based in London.
Within this wider team, The UK Insights team is responsible for ensuring that all UK clients have access to research, data and analytics that shapes their understanding of the categories they operate in, the audiences they communicate with, the business challenges they face and the performance of their advertising and marketing.
The team has four primary roles within the business:
- To support the UK client teams to identify the right products and services to meet specific client questions and needs, driving revenue and margin into the business
- To support the UK agency in delivering winning pitch responses
- To develop and share POVs and thought leadership around best practice for growing brands through media
- To ensure that the UK client teams are aware of the range of data, tools and services available to support their planning and buying
The Group Director of Insights and Analytics will operate as the second-in-command to the Head of Insights UK and will have key responsibilities across the UK-side of the business.
The role will be heavily involved in UK new business opportunities but also provide thought leadership across the UK client base, as well as ensuring there is a consolidated view and understanding of the Insights Teams revenue opportunities and projects across UK clients.
They will also ensure that the UK agency teams are empowered to support their clients and identify opportunities for Insights and Analytics services through sharing of best practice and case studies across the agency.
Note: for the first 6 months of 2022, the Group Director will be the UK’s overall Insights and Analytics lead as the Head of Insights UK is on a sabbatical. During this time, the Group Director will report directly into the CAO, EMEA with a dotted line into the UK Leadership Team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support the UK client teams to answer key client questions and challenges; either through the successful selling in of Insights and Analytics projects or through POVs and agency self-serve tools
- Work with teams UK Audience Planners to identify the opportunities and revenue pipeline for the team on their client accounts
- Share best practice and relevant case studies from across the agency across client teams
- Support the Comms Design and Audience Planning teams to access the appropriate training on data, tools and systems to support responses to brief
- Provide senior client support on key UK clients
New Business & Relationships
- Work with the Head of Insights, UK to respond to client RFPs
- Support the Head of Insights, UK on large New Business opportunities to ensure Insight, Data and Analytics are incorporated into our responses
- Lead on smaller New Business opportunities, with support from the wider team – leading the different elements of team responses/contributions across Insight, Data Strategy and Analytics
- Be the main point of contact for the groups sister companies
Develop and maintain strong relationships across the Groups companies to support the company proposition
- Work sister company to identify further data opportunities for UK clients
- Work with sister company to integrate their data and services into their planning approach and data consultancy projects (as well as New Business responses)
Ideal Experience / Qualifications:
- Communications planning, insight and data analytics leader, with over 8 years experience in media agencies
- Innovator who delivers client solutions by simplifying complex data, research and analytics
- Experienced client partner who excels at developing trusted partner relationships and diverse teams
- Excellent communicator at all levels of the business, able to talk plainly and simply about data, research and analytics
- Strong presentation skills, comfortable presenting to clients of all levels - from CEO to junior exec, with clear concise verbal and presentation approach
- Proven experience managing a team within an agency context
- Good knowledge of the digital advertising eco-system, including the programmatic landscape
- Experience working with 1st Party Data and CRM data an advantage
- Good knowledge of data-led audience identification
- Strong project management and BI skills – the ability to see projects through from inception to successful delivery
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail then please get in touch with me directly - email@example.com or 07458 162 636