Director, Data Integration
This is a very rare opportunity to join a newly established team within a large enterprise company (over $8bn revenue, based in Santa Ana (Orange County). They envisage that this project will last for 12-18 months so this will be a long term W2 consulting engagement. No C2C and we cannot sponsor visas, unfortunately.
As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
The Team - The Business Intelligence team designs and engineers secure data platforms to meet application and business needs. This will evolve with the business and focus on integrating different lines of business across multiple ERPs.
This is done by providing technology services and that are agile, timely, cost-effective, and risk-appropriate.
Why You'll Love This Job: Director, Data Integration acts as a leader in IT and is responsible for setting technical direction, managing the team composition to support that direction, prioritizing associated work based on business requirements, and supporting a growing user community in a fast-paced environment. There is no tech debt in this department so you have a chance to shape this strategy in a $8bn global organization.
- Lead design, development and deployment of optimal data integration, transformation, extraction and loading of data from various internal and external data sources.
- Ensure data quality, security, and compliance development, architecture, reporting and regulatory standards throughout the data pipeline
- Develop and continually refine data engineering best practices, guidelines, procedures, and repeatable scalable frameworks
- Manage and evolve data pipelines
- Set direction and strategy for the Data Integration, Quality and Data Management / Governance technology platforms and tools
- Determine requirements for and adopt new technologies and capabilities
- Analyze IT industry and market trends to determine impact to enterprise
- Establish team priorities and assign work to team members.
- Direct and ensure smooth workflow within the Team by staying informed and in touch with key elements of the organization beyond their Team and communicating key messages and updates in a timely manner.
- Manage the Demand Management process by assisting in developing and maintaining future demand projections (i.e., 6-12 months) to identify future staffing requirements and scheduling start and completion dates based on agreed scope of work.
- Ensure on-time delivery of work, including monitoring of external and internal dependencies, tracking of progress, and monitoring of project milestone accomplishments.
- Oversee the technical quality of the projects by ensuring that key technical procedures, standards, quality control mechanisms, and tools are properly utilized including performing root cause analyses for technical problems and engaging in work product quality review.
- Actively participate in the Change Control process by identifying potential scope variances by monitoring work requirements definition, issue resolution, development progress and user sign-off and reviewing change requests.
- Technical understanding of data warehousing concepts and dimensional data modeling in a modern environment (current provider Domo)
- Proven experience extracting, transforming, and integrating structured and unstructured data sources for very large volumes of data for both real time and batch processing
- Experience with engineering and implementing scalable, secure and resilient cloud, on-prem and hybrid data integration platform and tool solutions
- Proven experience with data warehousing and Big Data infrastructure platform implementations
- Good knowledge of data management, data integration and database development techniques, best practices
- Proven experience with automation and DevOps pipeline integration and orchestration
- Proven data literacy, i.e. the ability to describe business use cases/outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches/options
- Experience in information strategy definition, technology planning and execution related to data management and data governance
- Experience in policy and standards development and maintenance
- Proven record of effective leadership, including the ability to balance team and individual responsibilities
Nice to have
- Advanced programming skills in the following languages: R, Python Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions
- Ability to work under pressure, manage stakeholder expectations effective
- Qualifications: Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience