Senior SEO Strategist - £45-55k
Reporting directly to the Head of SEO or the SEO Performance Director and line managing your own pod of consultants and execs, you will be responsible for delivering industry-leading SEO work for your clients and helping to drive our department and proposition forward.
Role & Responsibility
You will lead the SEO strategy for some of our most prestigious clients – household names with large ecommerce websites that demand a high level of SEO expertise. You will be responsible for devising your clients’ roadmaps and supporting your pod of Execs in delivering projects such as keyword analyses, technical audits, backlink analyses, competitor reviews, content audits and gap analyses. You will also be expected to deal with complex, ad-hoc SEO issues on a regular basis, liaising directly with clients who recognize you as knowledgeable, dependable, and authoritative.
Your team is comprised of bright and ambitious Execs, and we expect you to nurture that talent. You must be a master in the art of delegation, assigning work that both plays to their strengths and stretches their comfort zones. You will also conduct regular one-to-ones with your direct reports to keep their development on track and collaborate with the other SEO managers to devise and maintain team training initiatives.
Research & Development
You will be responsible for keeping our SEO proposition at the cutting edge of the industry. We expect to see you harnessing your thirst for knowledge and carving out regular time in your schedule to test, research and experiment, using your findings to develop new tools and methodologies on a regular basis. We incentivize R&D and we love to see this opportunity embraced, both by you and by your team – who you will support and encourage.
We don’t expect you to accept the status quo. If you can think of better ways for us to do things, you should be proactive about instating them as part of our approach. You will work closely with the SEO performance director and the Head of SEO to identify opportunities and efficiencies, and make sure that our strategy is constantly evolving to deliver the best results for our clients.
Upselling and New Business
Behind your technical expertise lies commercial nous: not only are you expert at recognizing new opportunities for your clients, but you’re great at identifying potential new revenue streams for the agency, too. You’re not afraid to propose new projects and channels to your clients when the opportunity presents itself, and you can provide sound forecasting and commercial rationale to support your recommendations. You’re also happy to support the Director and Head of SEO in pitching for new clients and you can contribute at any and every stage of pitching, from auditing prospects’ sites for opportunities to presenting proposals face-to-face.
You’re passionate about SEO and the value it can deliver, and you’re able to convey this compellingly – be it through in-house training sessions delivered to new starters, in meetings with sceptical clients, or speaking publicly at one of our events. You can translate complex concepts into layman’s terms without compromising on interest or gravity, and you can be counted on to represent the agency to the highest standard.
Qualification & Skills Requirements
- A thorough understanding of both on- and off-page SEO and a desire and ability to learn and absorb new skills
- Logical and analytical thinking
- Enough experience of delivering SEO and line management to hit the ground running from your first day
- Excellent Excel skills and a high standard of written and spoken English
- Pride in your work and a readiness to take initiative
- An in-depth understanding of how search engines work and of advanced SEO strategies and techniques
- Professionalism: be punctual, presentable and have a friendly and outgoing demeanour
- A commitment to a career in search
- Strong project management, client management and presentation skills
- Confidence with numbers and budgets, and a commercial approach to projects using budgets creatively
- An ability to quickly build excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A strong working knowledge of the most common SEO tools and analytics suites
- Second language
- Knowledge and understanding in related fields including web analytics, PPC, CRO, UX and social media
- Educated to degree level; preferably in a business, marketing or computing related subject