Our client is looking for a driven, analytical Lead Data Scientist.
Are you interested in utilizing artificial intelligence, deep learning, and machine learning to enhance new technology? Do you excel at manipulating, transforming, and cleaning raw data? Does your brain think in a series of algorithms? If yes, then we would be extremely interested in speaking with you regarding a new and exciting opportunity!
As a Lead Data Scientist, you work closely with the CTO and major stakeholders on major, data-driven projects to help automate and optimize processes within the digital publishing technology field.
Why work for them?
• Work with motivated, fun, and smart colleagues
• Professional growth in our fast-paced and growing start-up
• Employer Contribution to Health benefits
• Free gyms on premises
• Great views from our office across the street from UTC Mall in La Jolla
Who are we?
Our client is a digital media publishing company with several high-end online magazines. We specialize in highly engaging, ultra-shareable content reaching over 60 million Americans.
• Write complex queries and extract data to build database architecture. Integrate data products into dashboards and user interfaces as needed, by collaborating with the engineering team.
• Manipulate, transform, and clean raw data in order to build data-driven solutions
• Determine and define key metrics that are critical to the organization, construct predictive models for optimization, and implement data into building out the product.
• Provide recommendations and lead process in choosing and integrating new technologies and platforms.
• Maintain ETL procedures and best practices for communication, quality assurance, coding, and documentation.
• 5+ years of experience within the data science or engineering field with exposure to leading major projects in big-data environment.
• Experience with software development utilizing major modern language (i.e. Python, Scala, Java, etc.)
• Ability to work with complex problems and communicate analyses effectively.
• Strong knowledge of data management and visualization techniques.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Strong organizational and leadership skills.
• Degree in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or other related quantitative field of study. Masters degree is preferred.
• Experience within the digital publishing or adtech field is a major plus.