Senior Engineer - Infrastructure, DevOps
A Senior Engineer - DevOps is responsible for building, testing, and debugging/troubleshooting our platform for web, mobile, and experiential applications. They share responsibilities regarding infrastructure and take the lead on continuous integration and deployment, as well as driving standards with Lead Engineers and the rest of the department.
It is expected that a Senior Engineer will promote strong design principles as they relate to scalability, disposable resources, automation, loose coupling, service-oriented design, databases, removing single points of failure, cache, cost, and security.
Core Work Activities:
Development: Supports the development of infrastructure and build features in our products by understanding + translating project requirements. Calls for and implements continuous integration and deployment in all projects.
Maintenance: Monitors performance of system engineering solutions, documenting issues, escalating complex issues and resolving moderate issues.
Prioritization: Supports multiple stories at once and prioritizes simultaneously to meet critical deadlines.
Agile Methodology: Participates in agile teams supporting company objectives + key results (OKRs).
Minimum Qualifications for Successful Performance:
- Experience building and deploying the application using Docker containers
- Experience with AWS RDS and/or Aurora managing Postgres or related relational databases.
- Proficiency with AWS’ product offerings and managing infrastructure at scale, with a focus on maintainability and security.
- Experience building and managing CI/CD pipelines using CircleCI and/or Jenkins
- Proficiency with Node.js or Ruby on Rails build tooling or a history of polyglot build management; this proficiency should include a focus on automated testing capability.
- Expertise with scripting using Node or Bash.
- Experience working with “Infrastructure as Code” tools such as Terraform, including automated testing
- A thorough grasp of best practices across all focus areas in technology (e.g., Client, server, automation, deployment, QA).
- Experience using agile methodologies, such as Scrum, XP, and Kanban, on a cross-functional development team.
- Strong problem solving, communication and time management skills.
- 5+ years developing and leading large-scale technology initiatives.
- Experience building applications and websites for world-recognized brands where load and scale have been a focus.
- Experience managing containers using Kubernetes or similar container orchestration tools
- Experience with GraphQL
- Expert-level knowledge in modern web development practices, especially those relating to service design.
- A degree in computer science or a related field is preferred.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite