Energize Tech are currently working with a very reputable insurance organisation in Belgium, who are urgently searching for a freelance Senior Java Developer to help support their project in Brussels. Key info below:
- Start date: Jan 2022
- Length: 12 months with option to extend
- 500€/day rate all inclusive
- MUST speak fluent French, with working knowledge of English
- Based in Brussels with a 50/50 home-working/on-site regime possible
- You are always in close contact with the product owner and the scrum master.
- You support development and look for (technical) solutions.
Tasks and deliverables
- You communicate efficiently with the various stakeholders (business/functional analysts, scrum master, testers) so that they understand the priorities and status of the tasks perfectly.
- You ensure that the quality of the delivered artifacts is guaranteed within the teams.
- You ensure, together with the PO and the scrum master and the other developers, that the sprint deliveries are maintained.
- You are able to make technical improvement proposals and defend them within the team and architects.
- You support the tester/developers in automating functional tests (Cucumber).
- You analyze integrations with other parties and systems.
- You work together with infrastructure staff to install the application and monitor its operation.
- You monitor the daily operation of the productive application.
- You have a thorough knowledge of UML, Oracle SQL, JEE 5 & Java 6, JEE 7 & Java 8, Eclipselink, SOAP, REST, EJB, JMS, CDI
- You have the necessary experience in GUI development (Vaadin, JSF)
- You have the necessary soft skills to facilitate communication and cooperation between the different teams
- You have experience in the development and application maintenance of enterprise-class systems.
- You have experience in setting up and managing CI/CD in Jenkins (Multibranches, Pipelines, ...)
- You have experience with setting up and rolling out applications in Openshift
- You are familiar with Cloud, Paas, IAC, ... principles
- You have the necessary knowledge and practical experience with concepts such as Microservices, BCE, Docker Containers, Gitflow, ...
- You are critical and have good analysis and synthesis skills
- You can work independently and in a team
- You have a sense of quality, accuracy and a no-nonsense mentality
- You can work under stress with changing priorities
- You are results-oriented, proactive, dynamic, ...
- You have the necessary experience with (Weblogic) Application Servers (WLSTs, Clustering, Deploying, ...)
- You have knowledge of the following tools and technologies: Intellij, Postman, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Cucumber, Jira, K6, Grafana, Intflux, ...
- You are FR/NL - speaking with good knowledge of the other national language.
- You are AGILE by nature and are therefore willing to fully participate in the scrum process.
- You are someone who constantly wants to learn
- You are aware of the evolutions in Java (Camunda, Quarkus, Microprofile, ...)
- Knowledge of other languages and/or Scripting is a plus (eg Gherkin, Groovy, ...)
- Knowledge of low code development (OutSystems) is a plus.
Does this sound like a match?
If so, please apply with your most up to date CV and we will arrange a call if your profile fits.
I look forward to hearing from you at the soonest!