Energize Tech are currently working with a large media company in Belgium who are searching for a freelance AWS Expert to support one of their major projects. Key info below:
- Immediate start dates
- 6 month initial contract with possibility of extension
- 500-600€/day rate all inclusive
- English speaking, Dutch or French is an asset
- 100% remote during Covid, based in Liege post-Covid
The AWS expert is the technical referent for AWS in a team of DevOps engineers. He participates in the team’s objectives with a focus on provisioning, operating and managing AWS environments as well as deploying and configuring our applications on AWS. He collaborates with the software architects to design the AWS solution and defines strategies and recommendations to achieve cloud nativity and leverage AWS managed services where needed.
- Provision and operate AWS environments across multiple availability zones.
- Architect and build highly available cloud native applications.
- Weigh the pros and cons between cloud-agnostic and cloud-native approaches to identify the best compromise between fully leveraging the AWS capabilities and cloud portability.
- Introduce and manage processes and relevant tools to support the CI/CD pipeline and monitoring of our applications deployed on AWS.
- Support other teams to monitor and troubleshoot their AWS environments
- Create or maintain technical documentation
- Make work estimates for the tasks assigned to you
- Plan, track and report your daily work and your assigned tasks to your direct manager
- Follow the companies software development process (Source Control Management, Defect Tracking, Coding Rules, Continuous Integration)
- Coach and guide junior team members
- Engineer, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science (high school or university)
- At least 5 years of experience with AWS services
- Technical skills
- Relevant experience of AWS. Specific experience with Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), Fargate, Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon Managed Streaming for Kafka (MSK) is a plus.
- Experience with CI/CD software (preferably TeamCity)
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools on Amazon EKS is a plus: CodeCommit, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, Amazon ECR, FluxCD, etc.
- Knowledge of other cloud providers is a plus
- Experience with Ansible and Terraform is a plus
- Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies is a plus
- Soft skills
- Focus on quality, detail-minded, willing to take care of customer point of view
- A critical but constructive mindset focused on delivery constraints and pragmatism
- Open for changes and continuous learning
- Capable of executing tasks autonomously, of planning and communicating planning and progress, of getting help where needed
- Shows initiative, is curious and communicates well about initiatives
- Good written and verbal communication skills share information actively; response properly, reports on time; accept criticism and other opinions, addresses criticism constructively
- Excellent team player
- High-stress resistance; does not give up in crisis; does not lose control under pressure
- Working knowledge of English
Does this sound like a match?
If so, please apply with your most up to date CV and we will arrange a call if your profile fits.
If you're not currently available, but know someone who may be looking for their next assignment, please forward this on and ask them to reach out.
We look forward to hearing from you at the soonest!