Business Analyst / Product Manager – SaaS
Up to £50K
As an Agile Business Analyst, you will be actively contributing to the delivery of new features to a cloud-based SaaS solution that specialises in Project Portfolio Management. You will contribute towards the definition and development of a backlog to achieve the goals set out by the Product team whilst working closely with the technical team’s day to day.
You will be responsible for pulling together the requirements for their development teams, so all communication and documentation must be clear, concise and simple.
These are normally in the form of user stories but can also include process flow diagrams, wireframes and mock-ups. You will therefore need to be able to communicate complex designs in a variety of written and visual forms. Attention to detail is essential alongside being proactive in an agile and ever-changing environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the product team to analyse existing workflows, processes, and product features.
- Actively contribute to the delivery of new epics and features to the existing product, working on multiple projects concurrently.
- Elicit requirements from customers (internal and external) to drive the features and overall direction for given areas of the product. Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders and customers to understand their needs.
- Validate and communicate requirements, obtaining approval of design and solutions.
- Define the epics, features and user stories (with detailed acceptance criteria) so that it is clear to the development and testing teams what is required.
- Manage the product backlog; leading and facilitating sprint planning meetings, daily stand- ups, demonstrations and retrospectives.
- Actively support and engage the developers and testers throughout the development lifecycle maintaining an open line of communication throughout.
- Support the Product team for both minor and major releases, including the ‘Go to Market’ (GTM) with contribution to supporting release material (e.g., user guides) and delivery of internal and customer webinars to educate and inform of new functionality.
- Build strong working relationships with key areas of the business, including Pre-Sales, Consultancy, Customer Success and Support, raising the profile of the Product team and provide guidance and support when required.
Ideal Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity and technical understanding of web applications
- Experience in working and liaising with various business and technical teams, helping to bring these areas together in a collaborative
- Strong experience in detailed functional design, ideally in a software house utilising an agile development methodology.
- A natural communicator able to translate between business requests and technical requirements, including documentation and presentation skills and managing challenging stakeholders.
- A self-starter and proactively engaged with the business; adopts a balanced approach to design and grounded in the capability of the product.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, seamlessly managing multiple tasks and requests
- from various stakeholders.
- Experience with Project and Portfolio Management solutions.
- Expereince in MS Dev Ops, AHA